Business Development Job Description
Locations Position is Available (one per location): Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Pendleton, Muncie
Are you an experienced networking and sales dynamo that is also great at presenting facts and figures? Are you looking for a position that gets you out of the office and in front of customers and business partners? Are you compassionate and civic minded? If so, the Business Development position with Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is the perfect fit for you!
After learning all of the services we provide through field training, you will set out and hit the streets raising awareness for our business while also providing bids and estimates on work requests. This could include trade shows, presentations, lunch and learns, networking events, and much more!
Overview: Firefighter & Veteran Owned, Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is an Award Winning Junk Removal Company servicing Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Bloomington, Pendleton, Anderson, Muncie and the Surrounding Areas. Our services range from cleaning out a garage, hauling away construction debris and tearing down old sheds. Founded in 2011, we have won a Service Award every year in business to include Best in Class, Super Service and Three Best Rated.
Guiding Principle: Treat Every Customer the way you would want your Family to be Treated
Mission Statement: Build Leaders and Pursue Growth while providing Award Winning Service
Do Not Apply IF:
- You are Not a Morning Person
- You shy away from tough, gritty work
- You complain without providing solutions
- You want to smoke at work, you do drugs, or you drink heavily
- You are apprehensive about working when it gets too cold or too hot out
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the training period.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be 18 or older.
1st 12 Weeks of Training:
- Even though this is a “sales” position, you will be required to spend 8 weeks in the field with our crews to learn our services and capabilities
- Weeks 9-12 will be spent shadowing a current BD Rep to learn the cadence, routine, tactics and KPIs
- Within the 12 weeks, you will read Extreme Ownership, Pride & Ownership and Dichotomy of Leadership; each has a Quiz and Application to Fire Dawgs Debrief so you can learn a lot of our “Whys”
- Arrive to work each day with a positive attitude and ready to learn, work and overcome
- Uniform is an approved FDJR collared shirt, clean blue jeans or slacks, and clean boots, dress shoes, or tennis shoes. Any articles that are dirty, ripped, or torn should not be worn for business development duties.
- Perform field duties to learn the job for first 12 weeks
- Learn The Fire Dawgs Way for systems and processes within the company
- Learn and use our programs for dispatch and CRM
- Perform and send estimates to customers
- Representing FDJR in a professional manner at all times
- Weekly KPIs will be set for cold calls, emails sent, stop-ins, and other daily behaviors
- Trade shows and other events that may include working late hours and weekends
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Base Pay: $36,000/yr PLUS Commission/KPI Based Pay (Total Package is up to $51,600 in Year 1)
- Year 2 will be Open Ended based on Commission tied to Sales
- Veteran Hiring Bonus: $300 ($50 Paid Bi-Weekly after completion of 1st Full Pay Period)
- Chauffer’s/For Hire Endorsement Bonus: $300 ($50 paid Bi-Weekly after 1st Full Pay Period)
- Medical Insurance: Includes Virtual Doc, Short Term Disability, Accidental and Hospital Policies
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Get Paid to Work Out! Paid Fitness Bonus and Fitness Based Health Savings Account
- 2 Weeks PTO (1 Week upfront, additional week upon completion of Training)
- Financial Wellness Education Provided through Monthly Training Sessions
- Promotional opportunities with rapidly expanding organization
We are an equal opportunity company. If you are willing to live out our Mission Statement to “Build Leaders and Pursue Growth while providing Award Winning Service” then we want to meet with you!
Application For Employment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The application must be fully completed to be considered. Please complete each section, even if you submit a resume.