Are you looking for information on How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs? We are no stranger to these little critters, and we are here to help with some tips for getting rid of bed bugs. First, let’s look at some ways to identify bed bugs. Bed bugs are small, brown, and oval shaped. They thrive on the blood of humans and animals. Terrible, right? Want to get rid of them, but don’t know how? Keep reading our blog to find out how to get rid of bed bugs!
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Where You Might Find Bed Bugs
Bed bugs will generally enter your home through luggage, clothing or used furniture items like couches, beds, and mattresses. Be very careful about where you get your furniture from, especially if it is being given away for free. That couch you got on Facebook marketplace for free might just be too good to be true!
We see lots of bed bug infested furniture and mattresses in our industry, and donation centers are cracking down on what furniture items they take. For example, you can no longer donate mattresses in Indiana, due to bed bugs.
Bed bugs have flat bodies, and this makes them expert hiders. The most common places you may find them in your home are mattresses, box springs, headboards, and bed frames.
Here are Some Signs that You Might Have Bed Bugs
- Bed bug skin sheds, eggs shells, or fecal spots.
- Blood stains on your pillows, sheets, or mattress pad.
- A musty smelling odor, which comes from the bed bugs scent glands.
- Bites on skin or itchy areas, especially after sleeping.
Steps for How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- First, wash bedding, clothing, and curtains in hot water and dry them on the highest setting. Get rid of other items like stuffed animals that can’t be washed.
- Vacuum the area around your bed frequently. Also, schedule a carpet cleaning company to clean carpets.
- Fun fact: bed bugs can live up to a year without feeding. So, our best advice to get rid of your mattress and box spring completely. Remember, you cannot donate bed beg infested items. However, you can dispose of them at a landfill or have a junk removal company take them.
- Clear all the clutter around your bed. Bed bugs can hide in books and magazines too.
- Make sure all bed bugs are gone before you get a new mattress. You can find some bed bug traps and detection kits here.
- Bed bugs infestations are stressful. It may help to hire professionals to help. A pest control company can always help identify bed bugs and help you take steps to remove them. However, we do not suggest spraying insecticides in sleeping areas.
Now that you learn about effective ways to get rid of bed bugs, you may want to try to get rid of them yourself. However, once your furniture has been infested with them, it’s time to get rid of it! What should you do when you want to get rid of your furniture, but don’t want to deal with the messy situation yourself? Give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a call and we’ll handle all your furniture removal needs!
How Can Fire Dawgs Help with Getting Rid of Bed Bug Furniture?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal can help get rid of your bed bug infested furniture! We start every service by dispatching our two-person crew to your home. Our well-trained, screened, and certified crews are equipped with a 16 cubic yard mini dump truck, packed to the brim with the necessary tools and equipment to handle any situation regarding your furniture Once on site, our crew chief will give you a final estimate before moving your furniture. Giving you the final say in your business decision! Then our team will work quickly and efficiently to remove your furniture and load it onto our truck and dispose of it properly! It’s truly that easy! Want to get started with kicking your bed bugs out once and for all, but you want a price range beforehand? We can help with our free, in person estimate!
Call Now to Schedule Your Estimate!
Give our friendly customer service team a call and they’ll help you set up a free, in person estimate and answer any questions you may have! Call us at 317-291-3294! Unable to call! No big deal! Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us before your service? Text us at 317-460-1398 to receive a quick and easy electronic estimate.
Want to see what Fire Dawgs can do for you? Follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see our Dawg Tough team in action. We hope we provided you with valuable information for how to get rid of bed bugs and we hope to serve YOU soon!