Summer has arrived! And with the weather heating up, it’s time to get active and become one with nature again. Although the burnt orange of the summer sun will shine throughout your day, you might be getting the itch to flex your green thumb. So you’re wondering what is the best way to be eco-friendly this summer? Well we got you covered! Here are 10 ways to go green this summer:
10 Ways to Go Green this Summer
- Plant a Tree: Trees provide oxygen, while also combating carbon emissions. Planting a single tree can provide a family of four with a day’s worth of oxygen. Additionally they are a natural coolant, reducing an area’s temperature by 15 degrees.
- Use Safe Fertilizers and Pesticides: Many fertilizers and pesticides contain harmful materials that can harm both your and your environment. By using organic fertilizers and pesticides, you are using biodegradable products that won’t leave residue in the soil. Preventing harm for you both you and the environment.
- Pick Sustainable Flooring: Opting to choose sustainable flooring provides your home or office with better indoor air quality. It is also more energy efficient by insulating heating and cooling. Need to get rid of your old carpet? Give Fire Dawgs a call and we’ll remove and dispose of your carpet and padding so you can get started you new floor journey!
- Clean with Eco-friendly products: Although spring cleaning might be over, the up-keeping of your home or office is never finished. A wide variety of cleaning products contain chemicals that can harmful to others, as well as the environment. Make a commitment to change over from these products to more environmentally friendly items. Click here to view a list of the best eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Increase Recycling efforts: Recycling helps cut down on the waste sent to landfills and cuts down on pollution created by incinerators. It also reduces the pollution caused by the creation of new raw materials. Make sure to short waste and put the appropriate items into your recycle bin.
- Use a Junk Removal Company That Recycles: Most junk removal companies take your items straight to the dump. Here at Fire Dawgs, we recycle, reuse, or donate 60% of items from jobs and services. Be sure to choose us as your eco-friendly option next you need off load your unwanted items!
- Buy Used Items: Buying used items is another form of recycling. It cuts downs on the usage of raw materials and reuses items that still have some life. You know what they say: another man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
- Switch From Gas-Powered Lawn Equipment: Gas-Powered lawn equipment produces more carbon emissions into the atmosphere than its electric-powered counterpart. By choosing electric-powered tools, your making the more eco-friendly choice in lawn care, and still getting the same great results too!
- Update Home Appliances: As appliances age, they begin to perform less effectively. Thus becoming less energy efficient and more expensive to run. You should replace steadily used appliances at least every 10-15 years.
- Unplug Unused Appliances and Install Energy Saving Devices: By saving energy, you can help produce less carbon emissions. Simply unplug or turn off appliances that aren’t currently being or won’t be used in the near future. Additionally, you can purchase and install energy saving devices on your appliances to monitor their energy usage for you.
How Can Fire Dawgs Help You Go Green?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal provides award-winning to service to tackle to jobs that the other guys won’t! Our two man crews with 16 cubic yard dump trucks are equipped with all the necessary tools to get rid of your junk. What’s the best part? We recycle, reuse, or donate 60% items we pack and haul away at our jobs. Meaning your not so wanted items will be able to find a new home!
Get a Free, in Person Estimate
Our customer service team is standing by and ready to get you set up with a free in person estimate. Give us a call 317-291-3294, and we can walk you through any questions you may have, and schedule you for an appointment. Unable to call for any reason? Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convivence. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us? Text us at 317-460-1398 to receive a fast and simple electronic estimate.
Be sure to follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see our latest projects. We hope to earn your business and provide our award-winning service to help you accomplish some of the 10 ways to go green this summer!