While the quickest way to get rid of junk may be to throw it into the trash can, it is definitely not the most environmentally friendly option. Landfills are quickly overflowing and pollution is rising, laving it up to us to protect Mother Earth for the generations to come. Therefore, when you decide to do your next home cleanout, you should be concise of how you dispose of your waste. Don’t know how to be eco-friendly, but are eager to learn? Keep reading our blog to learn more about four eco-friendly solutions to junk removal!
Eco-Friendly Solutions to Junk Removal
For your convenience, we gather four ways that you can practice being environmentally friendly during you next cleanout:
- Sort Your Items — As you begin your cleanout, sort your items into piles. Make a pile for item you’ll keep, a pile that is trash, and a pile that can be recycled or donated. If you are so inclined, you can also create a pile to sell at a garage sale or online. Depending on how much you have to sort, this can be an exhaustive project, but you will feel better in the end knowing you helped the environment. Following your cleanout, create organizational bins or free an area of your basement or garage for sorting piles. This can help you manage your items going forward, helping you save time and energy with your cleanings.
- Research Recyclable and Donation Options — Often times people are unaware of everything that can be recycled, donated, or reused. Take the additional time to look up donation and charity centers in your area. Typically, there are several options including Goodwill or the Salvation Army. Your local schools and churches are also a great place to start.
- Be Aware of Hazardous Items — Some items are dangerous to the environment and require special disposal. For example, paint, batteries, and pesticides need to be disposed of properly in order to maintain a safer and greener environment. Research your local hazardous waste sites to educate yourself on the entire list.
- Find a great company — The best time saver is to find a junk hauling company, like Fire Dawgs Junk Removal, that does the sorting for you! Leaving all the sorting and recycling to us. On top of our service, we’ll also give you a tax deductible receipt for all your donation!
Found the tips helpful, but rather leave the sorting and disposal to the professionals? We understand. That’s why you should call Fire Dawgs Junk Removal for all your home and junk removal services! But what services does Fire Dawgs provide?
But What Services Does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal Provide?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a local owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! But the best part? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us the eco-friendly option for you!
Here is list of our most popular services:
- Attic Cleanout
- Brush Removal
- Furniture Removal
- Labor Only Services
- Above Ground Pool Removal
- And much, much more!
For a full list of all the services we offer, click here. Want to learn more about our pricing? Click here. Have a service in mind, but need a clear price on your service? Give us a call for a free, in person estimate!
Schedule Your Free, in Person Estimate Today!
Our customer service team is standing by and ready to get you set up with a free in person estimate. Give us a call 800-211-3294, and we can walk you through any questions you may have, and schedule you for an appointment. Unable to call for any reason? Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convivence. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us? Text us at 317-460-1398 to receive a fast and simple electronic estimate.
Be sure to follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see our latest projects. We hope we provided you with valuable information on eco-friendly solutions to junk removal!