Do you have an old shed that you’re looking to get rid? Are thinking about knocking it down yourself, but don’t know where to start? Do you find yourself asking, ‘how do i tear down a shed?’ Don’t fret — we’ve got you covered! Fire Dawgs Junk Removal has put together a step-by-step guide to assist you in tearing down your shed. Keep reading to learn how to dissemble your shed!
How Do I Tear Down A Shed?
Step-By-Step Guide To Tear Down Your Shed
- Turn Off The Power — First things first, to ensure the safety of everyone involved, it is imperative to make sure that the electricity is completely turned off. This will prevent you or anyone else involved from being electrocuted.
- Take Off The Windows — If your shed has windows, carefully remove the window sashes and frame pieces before prying the window and its frame from the wall. It’s important to make sure all glass structures are removed to prevent broken glass from becoming a hazard.
- Remove The Doors — Open your doors and hit them on the hinges with a sludge hammer. Do this until they fall off their hinges and are no longer attached to the structure.
- Blow Out Walls — Use a sledge hammer, pry tools, or sawzall to knock down/saw the walls and siding. Do this by standing inside the shed and hitting out the walls. MAKE SURE NOT TO HIT THE SUPPORT BEAMS. Otherwise the shed will collapse in on you. Leave the support beams intact until all siding is removed.
- Tip The Shed — Now that all the siding is off, it’s time to collapse the structure. The easiest way to do this to stand at one end of the shed and push the structure forward until it topples over itself. If the structure is not budging, try knocking out/sawing the support beams until the structure is weak enough to push over.
- Deconstruct The Roof — Now the shed it toppled over, it’s time to dissemble the roof. This can be the heaviest part of the structure do to the weight of the shingles. Use your sawzall and pry bar to cut-up and pull apart pieces of the roof. This will break it into sections and make it much easier to dispose of.
- Rip Up Flooring — The last step is tear apart the base. Use your sawzall and sledgehammer to cut-up and break apart the base. If you base is underground or it attached to concrete, you may need to hire a professional contractor with proper digging equipment to help you remove it.
We hope we provided you with a helpful guide to tearing down a shed! But does this sound like too much of a hassle for you? Do you lack both the time and manpower to do it yourself? Want a professional team of trusted and insured demolition experts to take care of your shed removal for YOU? Then look no further than Fire Dawgs! Fire Dawgs Junk Removal can help your with your shed tear down! But why choose Fire Dawgs? Keep reading to learn more!
HOW CAN FIRE DAWGS JUNK REMOVAL HELP YOU GET RID OF JUNK?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from demolition projects to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! Fire Dawgs ranked No.54 on the Inc 5000 list for the fastest growing companies in the Midwest!
Our pricing is based on the amount of volume your items take up in our 16-cubic yard mini dump trucks. Included in your total cost is all the labor, transportation, and disposal fees! But what makes Fire Dawgs unique? We reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us your go to eco-friendly option for junk removal!
Here is list of our most popular services:
- Appliance Removal
- Brush Removal
- Garage Cleanout
- Labor Only Services
- Landscaping Clean Up
- Storage Unit Cleanout
- And much, MUCH more!
Keep reading to learn how to get your FREE, in-person estimate!
READY FOR A QUOTE ON YOUR SHED REMOVAL? CALL NOW FOR TO SCHEDULE YOURS?
Give our friendly, knowledgeable customer service team a call at 800-211-DAWG today to get a free estimate on your shed tear down service with Fire Dawgs! Can’t reach us? No problem! Contact us online here and we will reach out to you at your convenience. Do you have any videos or pictures of your items? Text them to us at 317-597-4744 to set up an electronic estimate!
Eager to see our demolition team in action? Follow us on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see the latest with our crew! We hope we provided you with quality information on How Do I Tear Down A Shed? and we hope to serve you soon!