Oh no! Your basement is flooded and you need help getting it cleaned and restored to its former glory. But you are unsure where to even start the process. Put your worries to ease, as Fire Dawgs Junk Removal has got you covered! We’ve put together a step-by-step list on how to clean a flooded basement for your reading pleasure! Keep reading to learn how you can clean your flooded basement!
How To Clean A Flooded Basement
Steps To Clean Your Flooded Basement
- Shut Off Your Power —WAIT! Before you do anything, it is crucial to shut off your power to your basement to avoid electrocuting yourself and others during your clean up. If you aren’t sure how to shut off your power to your basement, call an electrician to help you do it safely.
- Determine Source Of Water — Next, you want to determine where the source of water is coming from. If your cause of the flood is from a bursted pipe or stump pump, take action immediately. If your flooded water is due to a storm or heavy rain, wait until the precipitation subsides before beginning your clean up. If aren’t able to identify the source, your best bet would be to call a plumber or restoration specialist to assist you.
- Remove Water From Basement — Begin your clean-up efforts by removing the water from your flooded basement. This can be done with a pool pump, a wet/dry vacuum, or a mop and bucket.
- Remove Items From Basement — After getting rid of as much excess water as possible, move your damaged items out of the basement and into a well-ventilated area to let them dry out. This will help airflow get access to the items and help the water evaporate.
- Rip Up Carpet — Unfortunately due to the flooding, your carpet is most likely ruined and needs to be replaces. Rip up your carpet from the floor and dispose of it. This will help the floor dry out faster and prevent bacteria like mold from growing.
- Air Dry Space — Your basement will likely take several days to dry. You can speed up this process by opening doors, windows, and vents in the area to allows for more air flow. If you are able to, rent industrial fans for provide maximum air flow.
- Wash Floor And Walls — Last but certainly not least, you need to wash your floors and walls to remove any left over dirt and bacteria from the flood water. If you notice damaged to your drywall or insulation, it would be best to call a professional to help. They will replace your materials with fresh one and prevent any mold from growing.
We hope we provided you with a detailed list on how to clean a flooded basement. But does this seem like a lot work? Do you not have the time or energy to deal with this situation? Looking for a team of trusted and insured professionals to help you clean, remove junk, and prevent mold? Then give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a call and we’ll assist with your flooded basement clean up!
What Remediation Services Does Fire Dawgs Offer?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal offers remediation and restoration services through Fire Dawgs Restoration. Our list of remediation and restoration services include:
- Asbestos Removal and Remediation
- Fire Damage Clean Up
- Mold and Remediation Removal
- Remediation and Restoration
- Residential Junk Removal
- Smoke and Odor Removal
- Water Removal and Remediation
Click here to view a full list of our junk removal services. Keep reading to learn how you can schedule your free quote!
GET A FREE QUOTE ON YOUR FLOODED BASEMENT CLEAN UP TODAY!
To get a free, in person estimate, give our friendly customer service team a call and they will get you scheduled and guide you through any questions you might have with your flooded basement cleanup services! Dial our customer service team at 800-211-DAWG! Can’t get a hold of our representatives? Not a problem! Contact us on our website, and we will reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos of your basement situation that you want to send us beforehand? Text us at 317-597-4744 for a fast and simple electronic estimate!
Interested in seeing our team in action? Give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a follow on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok to see our Dawg Tough team in action! We hope we provided you with good information on How to Clean a Flooded Basement and serve YOU in the near future!