So, you want to know How to Remove a Hot Tub? The pros at Fire Dawgs Junk Removal are here with some hot tub removal tips. We have removed hundred (and hundreds and hundreds) of hot tubs. Follow the steps below for How to Remove a Hot Tub, or watch the video for more information!
How To Remove A Hot Tub
Steps To Remove A Hot Tub
- First, before you get all excited and start wiping the dust off all your power tools, be sure to locate a power supply. The tools won’t do you much good if you don’t have a power source.
- Make sure that you have a disposal solution in place. You won’t have to worry about this step if you’ve hired a junk removal to remove your hot tub. They will handle the hot tub disposal for you. However, if that’s not the case, you’ll need a pickup truck or dumpster.
- Locate the power relay box for the hot tub and make sure the power is off.
- Next, remove the hot tub cover and cover arm, if there is one.
- Remove all the side panels of the hot tub. (How To is shown in video).
- Cut and remove all wiring and remove the power supply board from the hot tub
- Loosen or cut all the pipes leading to the motors and remove motors from the hot tub
- Break or cut all vertical supports of the hot tub
- Use sawzall to cut hot tub into quarters. Cut any pipes holding pieces together. (Refer to video for more on this).
- Cut or break the bottom frame and plastic tray
- Clean up area! Pick up all tools and sweep up around former hot tub site and truck.
- Finally, haul away hot tub and recycle any parts that are recyclable.
Additional Tips For Hot Tub Removal:
Please make sure your power tools, wires and cords stay away of water. DO NOT stand in standing water in case a live wire comes in contact with the water. Also, ensure you have proper footing when lifting and cutting the hot tub. We recommend that you wear eye glasses or goggles, gloves and a mask. Many hot tubs are made of or have fiberglass in them, and this can irritate the eyes, nose, throat, and skin.
We hope we provided you with good tips on how to remove a hot tub! But does this task seem daunting and a lot of work to take care on your own? Are you interested in hiring a licensed and insured team of demolition experts to take care of the hard work for YOU? Then give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a call and we’ll take care of your hot tub removal! But why choose Fire Dawgs?
WHY CHOOSE FIRE DAWGS JUNK REMOVAL FOR YOUR HOT TUB REMOVAL?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! Included in your total cost is all the labor, transportation, and disposal fees! But what is the best part about our demolition serivces? We reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Helping you go green!
What else can Fire Dawgs do for you? Here is list of our most popular services:
- Above Ground Pool Removal
- Deck Demolition
- Fence Removal
- Hot Tub Removal
- Shed Removal
- And much, MUCH more!
Click here to learn more about all our junk removal services. Get a free estimate by reading below!
GET YOUR FREE, IN-PERSON ESTIMATE TODAY!
To get a free, in person estimate, give our friendly customer service team a call and they will get you scheduled and guide you through any questions you might have with your junk removal service! Ring our call center at 800-211-DAWG! Not able to get a hold of us? Don’t sweat it! Contact us on our website, and we will reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos of your items that you want to send us beforehand? Text us at 317-597-4744 for an electronic estimate!
Curious to see what else we can do for you? Give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a follow on TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and to see our Dawg Tough team in action! We hope we provided you with good information on How to Remove a Hot Tub and serve YOU in the near future!