We’ve all heard this mantra — reduce, reuse, recycle. But how exactly do you actually put it into practice? You can start by finding items around your home that are no longer usable or needed by your family. Next, you can take them to a local recycling center and have your items recycled for future use. Sounds simple enough right? Almost, the real challenge is knowing where you nearest recycling centers are in your community. Is this an issue you’ve ran into yourself? No worries — we’ve got you covered. Keep reading our blog to find out where to recycle in Houston!
Where to Recycle in Houston
Why is it Important to Recycle Your Junk?
Recycling your items is important because it not only benefits you — but your community and ecosystem at large!
- Protects Our Planet — By recycling your items, it saves our planets natural resources. It helps by limiting the amount of materials used when we manufacture new items. It also helps cut down on our carbon footprint and emissions produced from the manufacturing and destroying these items. Helping keep our environment clean and less polluted for us and animals to enjoy.
- Conserves Natural Resources — As stated in our last point, when we recycle, we cut down on our use of natural resources. Reality is that most natural resources that come from our Earth take thousands of years to grow and develop. By consuming less resources, we prevent our planet from running out of these essential materials. Creating a better and more sustainable future for the next generations!
- Creates Jobs — Jobs, jobs, jobs! Recycling centers provide jobs for your community and helps bring people together with common goal of bettering the quality of life for their neighbors. Helping develop the communal aspect of recycling!
Are you convinced to recycle your items, but don’t know where to take them in Houston? Keep reading to find out where to drop off your items in your community!
Recycling Locations in Houston
There are numerous locations to donate your used clothes in Houston:
- Ace Scrap Metal Recycling Co. — 6206 Long Dr, Houston, TX 77087
- Duran’s Recycling — 6102 De Moss Dr, Houston, TX 77081
Ellington Airport/Clear Lake Neighborhood Recycling Center — 246 Loop Rd, Houston, TX 77034
- EMR – Houston (Spectrum Metal Recycling) — 308 Hughes St, Houston, TX 77023
- Green Recycling Center — 6810 Irvington Blvd, Houston, TX 77022
- Holmes Road Recycling Company, Inc. — 2820 Holmes Rd, Houston, TX 77051
- HOPE RECYCLING LLC — 11031 Aldine Westfield Rd, Houston, TX 77093
- Houston Computer Recycle Center — 11502 Tanner Rd, Houston, TX 77041
- Houston Scrap Metal Recycle Center — 11801 W Montgomery Rd, Houston, TX 77086
- Houston, TX 77093R G Recycling — 6207 Bellaire Blvd STE A, Houston, TX 77081WM – Gasmer Drive MRF — 1200 Brittmoore Rd,
- Houston, TX 77043Greenstar — 1200 Brittmoore Rd, Houston, TX 77043
- Kingwood Recycling Center — 3210 W Lake Houston Pkwy, Kingwood, TX 77339Al Star Recycling — 10608 Aldine Westfield Rd,
- Mission Recycle — 4010 Blue Bonnet Dr #201, Houston, TX 77025
- Northeast Houston Solid Waste Depository — 5565 Kirkpatrick Blvd, Houston, TX 77028
- North Main Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Center — 9003 N Main St, Houston, TX 77022
Proler Industries — 12953 Market St, Houston, TX 77015
Sommermeyer Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Center — 14400 Sommermeyer St, Houston, TX 77041
South Post Oak Recycling Center — 14600 S Post Oak Rd, Houston, TX 77045
South Post Oak Recycling Center — 4370 Holmes Rd, Houston, TX 77051
Southwest Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Center — 10785 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77074
SWM – Environmental Services Center — 11500 S Post Oak Rd, Houston, TX 77035
Tri-Star Recycling — 11550 N Houston Rosslyn Rd, Houston, TX 77088
- Westpark Consumer Recycling Center — 5900 Westpark Dr, Houston, TX 77057
- WM – Houston Clay Road Recycling Center — 9590 Clay Rd, Houston, TX 77080
If there is a location that you know accepts recyclables and is not listed, please still donate your items to them.
Is Fire Dawgs a Drop Off Location for Recyclables or Other Items?
No. Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is not a drop off location for recyclables at any of our locations. However, we can come and pick-up your items and take them to recycling centers following one of our services. But what services does Fire Dawgs provide in Houston?
What Services Does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal Help With in Houston?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! But the best part? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Helping our customers go green with their service!
But what services does Fire Dawgs offer? Here is list of our most popular services in Houston:
- Apartment Cleanout Houston
- Cleanouts Houston
- Demolition Houston
- Labor Only Moving Houston
- Shed Removal Houston
- And much, MUCH more!
For a full list of all the services we offer, click here. Want to learn more about our pricing? Click here. Want a firm estimate on your service? Give us a call for a free, in person estimate to get you the price on your service!
Call Now to Get Your Free, in Person Estimate!
Give our friendly customer service team a call and they’ll help you set up a free, in person estimate and answer any questions you may have! Hit our line at 713-804-DAWG! Not able to pick up the phone? No worries! Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us beforehand? Text us at 317-597-4744 to receive a fast and easy electronic estimate.
Curious to see how we help our customers? Follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see our Dawg Tough team in action. We hope we provided you with valuable information for where to recycle in Houston and we hope to serve YOU soon!