Merry Christmas from the team at Fire Dawgs! We’ve put together this guide to Christmas Recycling to help you clean up after Christmas the eco-friendly way. We’ll start with the good news first! You CAN recycle wrapping paper. However, you can’t recycle wrapping paper that is metallic, has glitter or has velvety flocking on it. So, try to skip the fancy stuff if you can when buying wrapping paper.
Now, here’s the not-so-good news. Bows, ribbon, and glitter are not recyclable. However, bows and ribbon are definitely reusable. So, you can definitely save all the bows and ribbon for next year’s Christmas wrapping. What’s great about this? It saves you time, money, and is better for the environment! So, let’s go through more items you may have questions about. Here’s a quick A Guide to Christmas Recycling.
A Guide to Christmas Recycling
The Quick Guide to Christmas Recycling
- Wrapping Paper: IS recyclable. Make sure you only recycle the plain wrapping paper. Metallic, glittery, fuzzy wrapping paper CAN’T be recycled.
- Christmas Bags: Paper gift bags CAN be recycled. However, you need to removed any rope or ribbon handles. Also, you need to remove any metallic, glittery, fuzzy, or non-paper elements before you toss them in the recycling. Try to reuse them as many times as you can before you recycle them!
- Christmas Cards- You MUST sort them first. Plain paper Christmas cards can go straight into the paper recycling bin. However, the shiny Christmas cards printed on photo paper must be thrown in the trash. Cards with glitter…trash!
- Bows and Ribbon: They are not recyclable Actually, they can clog the entire system at the recycling plant, doing more harm than good. However, they both ARE reusable!
- Cardboard Boxes: ARE recyclable. So, break those bad boys down, and put them in the recycling bin!
- Gift Boxes: Gift boxes are fun! You know, with the awesome Polar Bears and Santas on them. Even better. They can be recycled!
- Tissue Paper: Here’s the thing about tissue paper. It’s not really recyclable, because the fibers are already so short that they can’t really be recycled again. However, you can compost tissue paper!
- Artificial Trees: Artificial trees can’t be recycled. This is a pretty sad truth. However, they can be donated or reused.
- Christmas Lights: CAN be recycled. However, they are considered e-waste. They can’t be put in your regular recycling bin. Here is a guide about where to recycle Christmas Lights.
- Batteries: Christmas is a time of lighting up everything! So, you probably use more batteries than normal. Make sure you are recycling those batteries, because they definitely ARE recycle. Here’s where you can recycle batteries.
More On Christmas Recycling
Christmas is a time of joy and gift giving. We love that. However, it’s also a time where American’s in particular are extremely wasteful. It is estimated that the average family household waste goes up 25% at Christmastime. More on that statistic can be found here. This Christmas, try to reuse and recycle what you can. Next year, try to buy paper that’s recyclable. And, ALWAYS recycle e-waste like computers, cell phones, etc. We know new gadgets are always popular gift items! More on e-waste recycling here! But what should you do with post holiday clutter that you can’t recycle?
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WITH YOUR POST HOLIDAY CLUTTER?
Do you clutter or other junk that you’re looking to get rid of following the holiday season? Want to dispose of it ASAP but don’t have the time to do i yourself? Want a team of trusted and insured professionals to handle the job for you? Then give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a call and we’ll help clean up your post holiday clutter! But what services does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal offer?
WHAT SERVICES DOES FIRE DAWGS JUNK REMOVAL HELP WITH?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! But the best part about our services? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us your go to eco-friendly option for junk removal!
But what services does Fire Dawgs offer? Here is list of our most popular services:
- Brush Removal
- Hot Tub Removal
- Labor Only Services
- And much, MUCH more!
For a full list of all the services we offer, click here. Want to learn more about our pricing? Click here to view. Interested in a quote on your service? Keep reading to learn how!
I WANT A FREE ESTIMATE!
Give our friendly, knowledgeable office staff a call at 800-211-DAWG today to receive a quote over the phone! Not able to reach us? No problem! Contact us online here and we will reach out to you. Finally, do you have any videos or pictures of the items to be removed? Text them to us at 317-597-4744 to receive a quick and easy electronic quote!
We love to show off how our Dawg Tough team is able to transform your home and spaces. Do you want to see for yourself? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see the latest with our crew! We hope we provided you with helpful information on a quick guide for holiday recylclng and we hope to serve you soon!