Have you wondered about what are the easiest items to recycle? Wonder no more! We’ve done the research on what materials are easiest to recycle. Recycling is a great way to make discarded items into new goods. Unfortunately, not everything is recyclable. You can learn more on that here. But the good news is lots of items are easily recycle, and some are even 100% recyclable. Don’t know which items are recyclable, but want to learn? Keep reading our blog to find out the top 5 easiest items to recycle!
Top 5 Easiest Items to Recycle
- Metal: Most metals are easily recyclable. In fact, steel is North America’s #1 most recycled material. Additionally, Aluminum cans are one of the easiest items to recycle, as they are 100% recyclable. Turning used aluminum cans into new ones actually uses 95% less energy than making an aluminum can from scratch. Make an effort to definitely recycle all those metals items made of aluminum, steel, copper, tin, etc…
- Glass: Most household glass can be recycled over and over again. Some people like glass better than plastic, due to the way much plastic is made. Glass is a sturdier material. Be sure to wash out those glass bottles and containers and recycle them!
- PET Plastics: Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) plastic bottles can be continuously remade into other PET containers, packaging, clothing, carpeting, construction materials, and much more! The average American household utilizes about 45 pounds PET plastic containers each years. However, 80% of these bottles will end up on a landfill. Learn more about PET plastic recycling here.
- Newspaper: Newspapers are fairly easy for recycling facilities to process. This type of paper waste accounts for about 1/3 of the United States’ municipal waste. But why is that a bad thing? Unfortunately, the decomposition of paper produces methane. Methane is a dangerous greenhouse gas that traps even more heat than carbon monoxide. Causing harm to you and the environment!
- Other Paper and Cardboard Items: Most paper and cardboard can be recycled. However, a general rule of thumb is nothing smaller than a post it note should be recycled. Furthermore, shopping receipts in any paper with glitter or other embellishments can’t be recycle. Be sure to break down those cardboard boxes before you put them in the recycling bin!
Now You Kow!
We hope this list provided you with ideas on how you can recycle better around your home! But does this seem like a hassle for you to sort out yourself? Would rather a group of well-trained individuals come in your home and remove your junk while recycling the necessary materials? Then you should give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a call! But what services does Fire Dawgs offer?
What Services Does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal Help with?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a local owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from deck demolition to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! But the best part about Fire Dawgs? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Helping you go green no matter your service!
So what services do we offer exactly? Here is list of our most popular services:
For a full list of all the services we offer, click here. Want to learn more about our pricing? Click here. Looking for a clear cut price on your service beforehand? Give us a call for a free, in person estimate to get you the price on your service!
Call Now to Schedule Your Estimate!
Give our friendly customer service team a call and they’ll help you set up a free, in person estimate and answer any questions you may have! Call us at 800-211-3294! Not able to pick up the phone? No problem! Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us? Text us at 317-460-1398 to receive a fast and simple electronic estimate.
Curious to see our team in action? Follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see our Dawg Tough get “IT” done! We hope we provided you with valuable information top 5 easiest items to recycle and we hope to serve YOU soon!