Has your home become a battlefield of clutter? Are you constantly weaving around your junk and enjoying only a fraction of your space? Want to get rid of your items. but don’t know where to begin? We can help with our list of tips! Keep reading our blog to find out 5 tips on how to get rid of junk!
How to Get Rid of Junk
5 Tips on How to Get Rid of Junk
1. Create a schedule — Organizing your junk can be very overwhelming at the start. An easy easy to break it down it by choosing individual days for specific areas or items. For example, do your kitchen on Monday and then do your living room on Tuesday. Or, do large items on Monday and keepsakes on Tuesday, so on and so forth.
2. Categories — One of the best ways to organize is to begin with two categories: keep or toss. Once everything is sorted, go through each pile again and make your final decision. With the toss pile you can sort that into trash, recycle, donate or sell. Of course when using Fire Dawgs Junk Removal you only need to worry about a basic toss and sell pile because we will pick out the items that can be donated and recycled for you. You’ll even receive a tax receipt! With items you plan to sell make sure you have time within the next week or so otherwise it’s better to just get rid of it!
3. “Keep” Questions — Once you have your initial keep pile, go back through each item and think about why you are keeping it. “Does it have a purpose?” or “have I used this within the last year?”, “Is it something cheap I could simply buy again if needed?”. Obviously some sentimental items are invaluable, even if you don’t use them. But what do you do with them? Create a bin just for those items, that way you aren’t wasting time going through them each time you purge your junk!
4. Pinpoint Problems — Once you’re only left with what you want to keep, process why you had extra stuff to begin with. Are you a paper saver? Many things like these can be scanned, tagged and digitally saved in the future. Not only does it remove all the clutter around your home, but it is easier to find a particular item when needed. Have boxes full of craft items? Buy storage bins with labels to keep them organized so you know what’s there and don’t end up absentmindedly buy more. Keep a donate box in your closet and anytime something doesn’t fit or goes out of style, throw it in the box. Once the box is full, take it to your nearest donation center!
5. Maintain — Congrats, you now have a junk free home! But how do you keep it that way? Anything you bring into your home must have a reason and a place. Every evening spend 10 minutes tidying up can help you identify junk that you want to get rid of. The more you concentrate on keeping spaces clear, the better you will become at maintaining a junk free home!
Now that we’ve given you 5 tips on how to get rid of your junk, you can get started with getting your house clutter free! But does all this organization sound like too much work for you? Would rather have someone come into your home and do it for you? Fire Dawgs Junk Removal can help with our list of junk removal and home services! But what services does Fire Dawgs provide exactly?
What Services Does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal Help Provide?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! But the best part? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Helping you go green during your service!
Here is list of our most popular services:
For a full list of all the services we offer, click here. Want to learn more about our pricing? Click here. Want a firm estimate on your service? Give us a call for a free, in person estimate to get you the price on your service!
Get Your Free, in Person Estimate Now!
Give our friendly customer service team a call and they’ll help you set up a free, in person estimate and answer any questions you may have! Call us at 812-720-3294! Unable to call for whatever reason? No worries! Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us of your junk beforehand? Text us at 317-460-1398 to receive a fast and simple electronic estimate.
Want to see our team in action? Follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to stay up-to-date on our latest projects. We hope we provided you with 5 tips on how to get rid of junk and we hope to serve YOU in the near future!