Many times customers assume since we’re a junk removal company we will take anything. But that’s not true. There are certain items that have their own special disposal system that need to be handled individually by the customer. These materials are also commonly referred to as hazardous waste. The reason we cannot haul them is because we don’t want these types of items mixing with the other items we haul. Many of the hazardous materials are of the liquid variety and so if they spilled in our truck then not only would we not be able to properly dispose or donate any of the other items we just hauled but our truck would need a major clean down (which could be costly, for example, if it was something like spilled paint) before being usable again.
In the same breathe our truck beds aren’t necessarily seal proof so any liquids would not only spill onto the other contents in the truck but could also leak all over the road or other vehicles as we drive and that would be a complete environmental hazard – one that could come with steep fines or even lawsuits for us as well. So what items will junk companies not take then? Below is a list.
What Items Will Junk Removal Companies Not Take?
Items Companies Will Not Take
- Home Repair and Maintenance: paint, propane, kerosene, paint thinner
- Plant and Yard Care: herbicides, fertilizer, pool chemicals, pesticides, rodent killer
- Household Care and Cleaning: drain cleaners, bleach, oven cleaner, floor cleaner, ammonia, aerosol cans, batteries
- Vehicle & Motor Care: antifreeze, gasoline, brake fluid, motor oil, radiator cleaner
- Mercury Products: fluorescent bulbs, thermometers, thermostats, iodine
- Appliances with Freon Coolant (like refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners) : In older manufactured appliances Freon was the coolant used. It has since been banned in many countries since it is considered a hazard to the ozone layer. So to ensure proper disposal a licensed technician much come out first and empty your appliance of the Freon and tag the appliance as safe. Once that is done we are happily able to come and pick up your appliance.
- Other: radioactive waste, explosives, ammunition, medical waste, asbestos and any other “Special Waste” as defined by applicable Local, State, or Federal laws
We hope we’ve provided you with a list of items junk removal companies will not take! But do you have other items or other junk that is not hazardous that you want hauled way? Then give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a call and we’ll help with all your junk removal needs! But how can Fire Dawgs assist with your junk removal needs?
HOW CAN FIRE DAWGS JUNK REMOVAL HELP YOU GET RID OF JUNK?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! Fire Dawgs ranked No.54 on the Inc 5000 list for the fastest growing companies in the Midwest!
We charge base on the amount of volume your items take up in our 16-cubic yard mini dump trucks. Your total cost includes all the labor, transportation, and disposal fees! But what makes our services special? We reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us your go to eco-friendly option for junk removal!
Here is list of our most popular services:
- Construction Debris Removal
- Residential Junk Removal
- Remediation and Restoration
- Shed Removal
- And much, MUCH more!
Ready for a quote? Keep reading to learn how to get your FREE, in-person estimate!
CALL NOW FOR YOUR FREE QUOTE TODAY!
Give our friendly, knowledgeable customer service team a call at 800-211-DAWG today to get a free estimate on your junk hauling service with Fire Dawgs! Can’t get ahold of us? No problem! Contact us online here and we will reach out to you at your connivence. Do you have any videos or pictures of your items? Text them to us at 317-597-4744 to receive a fast and simple electronic quote!
Curious to see how we can transform your space? Follow us on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see the latest with our crew! We hope we provide you with quality information on What Items Will Junk Removal Companies Not Take and we hope to serve you soon!