Have you ever paused in front of your recycling bin and asked yourself; Should I be recycling this? Yes, we’ve been there. That’s why we’ve created this easy-to-follow Household Recycling Do’s and Don’ts List. If you don’t have time to read the entire list, here are two very important takeaways. 1. You can’t recycle plastic grocery plastic bags, or any type of plastic bag or food wrappers. 2. Also, you can’t recycle greasy or dirty food containers. Please wash them out! Ok, now we can continue with the rest of the list!
List of Household Recycling Do’s and Don’ts
- Recycle Plastics — You can generally Recycle plastics #1 through #7 in your weekly household recycling.
- Metal Cans & Aluminum Foil Pans — Recycle all food and drink metal cans. These are some of the easiest items to recycle. Furthermore, be sure to recycle all clean aluminum, steel, and bi-metal household containers that have a recycling sign on the bottom.
- Cardboard, Magazines, and Newspapers — You can include catalogs, newspapers, paperback books, phone books, and even pizza boxes in your household recycling. However, you MUST only recycle CLEAN pizza boxes.
- Paper — You can recycle most paper based food boxes, as long as they are clean. You can recycle most household paper products that don’t have any glitter or other non-paper materials glued to them. Learn more about recycling wrapping paper and cards here.
Now that we’ve provided you with a list of item you can recycle, next is a list of Items you CAN’T put in the recycling.
- No Hazardous Waste — Household Hazardous Waste Includes: batteries, cleaning solutions, cans with wet paint, etc. Learn more about what items are Household Hazardous Waste here.
- No Electronics — A general rule of thumb is, if it has a cord, it should not go in your municipal recycling. This includes (but is not limited to): cell phones, computers, printers, TVs, cables, microwaves, and other small appliances. It is against the las to throw e-waste in the trash in the state of Indiana.
- Learn more about E-Waste Disposal Regulations here.
- Learn more about where to recycle electronic waste here and batteries here.
- No Light Bulbs — Light bulbs don’t go in your household recycling…ever. Learn more about where to recycle light bulbs here.
- No Plastics Without Numbers — If you are looking at a plastic item that doesn’t have a number, you can’t recycle it. Some common items that you might run into are: toys, clothes hangers, plastic straws, plastic to-go cup lids, and lawn chairs.
- Try to donate or reuse these items instead, if they are in decent condition.
- No Construction Debris — Construction debris includes items like: nails, screws, woods, drywall, concrete products, light fixtures etc.
We hoped we provided you with good information on what you can and can’t recycle in your home. But do you currently have a surplus of both junk and recyclable items around your home that you want to get rid, but don’t have the time for? Are you looking for a trusted team of individuals to help get you clutter-free, while also placing an emphasis on recycling? Then give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a call and we’ll handle all your junk removal needs? But why choose Fire Dawgs?
HOW CAN FIRE DAWGS HELP YOU GET RID OF YOUR JUNK?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! Your total cost includes all the labor, transportation, and disposal fees! But what makes Fire Dawgs different? We reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Helping you go green in your large junk hauling service!
But what junk removal services does Fire Dawgs offer? Here is list of our most popular services:
- Commercial Junk Removal
- Garage Cleanout
- Office Cleanout
- Residential Junk Removal
- Remediation and Restoration
- And much, MUCH more!
Keep reading to learn how you can get a FREE, in-person estimate on your junk hauling service!
SIGN ME UP FOR A FREE JUNK REMOVAL QUOTE TODAY!
Give our friendly, knowledgeable customer service team a call at 800-211-DAWG today to get a free, in-person estimate on your junk hauling service with Fire Dawgs! Not able to get a hold of our team? No worries! Contact us online here and we will reach out to you at your connivence. Lastly, do you have any videos or pictures of your items? Text them to us at 317-597-4744 to receive a fast and easy electronic quote!
Want to see how we can transform your space? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see the latest with our crew! We hope we provide you with quality information on Household Recycling Do’s and Don’ts and we hope to serve you soon!