There are many ways junk removal companies can be green. At Fire Dawgs, we’ve made it part of of mission to recycle, repurpose, and donate unwanted items. We do this to keep as much out of landfills as we possibly can. Below, we share some easy ways to make waste removal more eco-friendly. Keep reading our blog to find out easy ways junk removal companies can be green!
Easy Ways Junk Removal Companies Can Be Green
- Recycle: Recycling is good for everyone. As a junk removal company, you probably already recycle metal. However, E-waste like TVs and computers must be recycled. It is illegal to dump these items in the State of Indiana. Some dumps will also charge fees if you try to trash these items in the landfill. Consider making a sorting area at your facility to organize what can be recycled.
- Donate: Donating items is not only good for the customer and environment, but it saves you money on dump fees too! Be sure to find out which local charities you can take items to. Also, be sure that the charities provide a tax deductible receipt that you can send to your customer! Learn more about top items that junk removal companies donate here.
- Upcycle and Repurpose: Many waste items can be up cycled or repurposed. Here are a few ways we do this at Fire Dawgs.
- Brush and Limbs– We take brush, stumps, and tree limbs to a local organic waste recycling facility called GreenCycle. Be sure to check your area for similar organizations. GreenCycle epicycles these organic materials into items like compost and mulch.
- Carpet– There are some facilities that can repurpose the carpet fibers into other materials.
- Clothing– Some clothing stores, like H&M take clothing to be recycled and made into other items.
- Plan Accordingly: Plan jobs logistically to save on fuel. For example, you could schedule jobs in certain areas on specific days of the week.
- Sort: This goes with the Recycle, Repurpose, Donate philosophy outlined above. Creating a way to sort through the unwanted items is very beneficial to the environment. The less you can take to the landfill, the better!
Which Companies Implement These Strategies?
Now that you learned about a few ways junk removal companies can be green, you may be wondering which companies implement these in their services. At Fire Dawgs, we implement all five of these into our services. Making us the go-to eco-friendly junk removal company for you! Interested in hiring Fire Dawgs to help with your junk removal? Great! But what service does Fire Dawgs offer?
What Services Does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal Offer?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a local owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from brush removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! But the best part? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us the eco-friendly option for your service!
Want a glimpse at some of the services we provide? Here is list of our most popular services:
- Apartment Cleanout
- Furniture Removal
- Hot Tub Removal
- Labor Only Services
- Shed Removal
- And much, much more!
For a full list of all the services we offer, click here. Want to learn more about our pricing? Click here. Want a firm estimate on your service? Give us a call for a free, in person estimate to get you the price on your service!
Get Your Free, in Person Estimate Now!
Give our friendly customer service team a call and they’ll help you set up a free, in person estimate and answer any questions you may have! Call us at 800-211-3294! Unable to call? No problem! Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us beforehand? Text us at 317-460-1398 to receive a quick and easy electronic estimate.
Watch our team in action! Follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see why we’re the Tough Dawgs that get “IT” done. We hope we provided you with valuable information on ways junk removal companies can be green and we hope to serve YOU soon!