There are lots of ways junk removal companies can be green. At Fire Dawgs, we’ve made it part of of mission to recycle, repurpose, and donate unwanted items. We do this to keep as much out of landfills as we possibly can. Below, we share some easy ways to make waste removal more eco-friendly. Feel free to comment below with your own Green Junk Removal ideas!
Easy Ways Junk Removal Companies Can Be Green
- Recycle: Recycling is good for everyone. As a junk removal company, you probably already recycle metal. However, E-waste like TVs and computers must be recycled. Actually, it is illegal to dump these items in the State of Indiana. Some dumps will also charge fees if you try to trash these items in the landfill. You may consider making a sorting area at your facility to organize what can be recycled.
- Donate: Donating items is not only good for the customer and environment, but it saves you money on dump fees too! Be sure to find out which local charities you can take items to. Also, be sure that the charities provide a tax deductible receipt that you can send to your customer! Learn more about top items that junk removal companies donate here.
- Upcycle and Repurpose: Many waste items can be up cycled or repurposed. Here are a few ways we do this at Fire Dawgs.
- Brush and Limbs– We take brush, stumps, and tree limbs to a local organic waste recycling facility called GreenCycle. Be sure to check your area for similar organizations. GreenCycle epicycles these organic materials into items like compost and mulch.
- Carpet– There are some facilities that can repurpose the carpet fibers into other materials.
- Clothing– Some clothing stores, like H&M take clothing to be recycled and made into other items.
- Plan Accordingly: It’s time to get logistical. Plan jobs logistically to save on fuel. For example, you could jobs in certain areas on specific days of the week.
- Sort: This goes with the Recycle, Repurpose, Donate philosophy outlined above. Creating a way to sort through the unwanted items is very beneficial to the environment. The less you can take to the landfill, the better!
Finally, we hope we’ve shared some good ideas for Ways Junk Removal Companies Can Be Green. Let us know if you have any questions. We are always happy to help!