17 July 2017
Thinking about hiring a junk removal company to haul away your unwanted items and help get you organized? There’s more to junk removal than hauling away junk in a truck. So, we have compiled a list of Tips for Hiring a Junk Removal Company. Follow these tips to get the most out of your junk removal service and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
List of Tips for Hiring a Junk Removal Company
The first thing you’re going to need to do to find a junk hauling company is do a search. If you live in Indianapolis, your search might be “junk removal Indianapolis.” Generally, the most reputable companies are going to come up in search results. However, beware of not-so-reputable companies that will come up. How do you tell the difference?
Here are some tips for hiring a junk removal company.
- Check Reviews: First, you are going to want to check a junk removal company’s reviews. This is one of the best ways to gauge the reputation of a company. Also, if a company has no reviews or no online presence, this is a major red flag. Be sure to check outlets like Google, Angie’s List, Yelp, and Facebook for reviews. Bonus points if a company actually responds to the reviews that their customers post. That means their customer service is tops!
- Ask Questions: Call in, email, or contact the company online to ask questions. This will give you the opportunity to get details about pricing and learn about any special deals and promotions they may have. Additionally, this this will help you see how responsive and customer oriented the company is. You’re good to go if the customer service is prompt, friendly, and helpful!
- Do Your Online Research: This goes along with our first tip to check reviews. However, dig a little deeper than just looking at reviews. Check the junk removal company’s social media to see if they are active. Do they respond to customers? Does their equipment look clean and professional? Also, be sure to check their website. Is it informational? Usually, you can tell if a junk removal company is established by their website and online presence.
- Check About Insurance and Hiring: Next, ask about what types of insurance the company carries. Are their employees insured? Ask if their employees background checked, screened, and drug tested before hired. A good company is fully insured and screens their employees.
- Ask About Disposal Practices: Ask about the company’s disposal methods. Inquire about whether they recycle. Also, ask about whether or not they donate usable items on their customer’s behalf. Furthermore, ask if they provide you with tax deductible receipt for donations. This will: 1.) get you a tax deduction. 2.) provide proof that items were really donated. Fire Dawgs donates and recycles. We make every effort to keep as much out of landfills as possible.
Final Thoughts on Hiring a Junk Removal Company
Finally, having a junk removal company help you declutter and get organized can be rewarding. Hiring a junk removal company to take care of the lifting and hauling can save you time and a lot of stress. We hope our tips for hiring a junk removal company will help you find the right hauler. Give us a call at 317-291-3294, or contact us online with any questions. We are always happy to help! Thank you for visiting our blog, and take care!