Thanksgiving is one of the best times of the year. Being with family, cooking delicious food, and a time of rest. But Thanksgiving also creates a lot of waste every year. So how can you have an Eco-Friendly Thanksgiving that you can feel good about? We have you covered. We have 5 tips to make this Thanksgiving the best one yet!
5 Tips for an Eco-Friendly Thanksgiving
- Incorporate plant based foods — By incorporating more plant based foods into your Thanksgiving spread, you save our environment on the resources necessary to farm, package, and serve the meat. This is a great idea for a Friendsgiving, or a work event!
- Recycle — Try to choose products that come in recyclable or biodegradable packaging. Keeping these out of our landfills not only helps our environment, but also allows for them to be used multiple times, ensuring our resources are not wasted.
- Shop Locally — Instead of going to your big grocery store chain, try to find local shops in your area to gather your Thanksgiving ingredients. By simply eliminating the travel time of your food, you can help reduce emissions from shipping.
- Food Waste — Don’t let those left overs waste away! Properly store your leftover food and scraps and if you choose not to eat them, try to find a way to give them to someone who will.
- Use Nature for decorations — Try this: instead of going to Hobby Lobby or Target for your Thanksgiving Decorations, try to find leaves, pinecones, or other decorations from outside! Not only are these biodegradable, lots of inspiration can be found on sites like Pinterest to dress them up even more!
How Can I Remove my Post Thanksgiving Trash?
Have trash or other items lying around following your feast? Fire Dawgs is here to help your post holiday clean up simple! We arrive with a 16 cubic yard mini dump truck to haul away all of your donations or recyclable materials! But what services does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal provide?
WHAT SERVICES DOES FIRE DAWGS JUNK REMOVAL HELP WITH?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! But the best part? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us your go to eco-friendly option for junk removal!
But what services does Fire Dawgs offer? Here is list of our most popular services:
- Apartment Cleanout
- Brush Removal
- Hot Tub Removal
- Labor Only Services
- Swing Set Removal
- And much, MUCH more!
I Want An Estimate!
Want to get a firm, free, no obligation estimate? Give our friendly, knowledgeable office staff a call at 800-211-DAWG today to receive a quote over the phone! Unable to call? Contact us online here and we will reach out to you. Finally, do you have any videos or pictures of the items to be removed? Text them to us at 317-597-4744 to receive a quick and easy electronic quote!
We love to show off how our Dawg Tough team is able to transform your home and spaces. Do you want to see for yourself? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see the latest with our crew! We look forward to serving you and earning your business!