Earth Day is a reminder to celebrate our beautiful planet by partaking in activities that help protect our environment and limit carbon emissions. But this can seem like a big task, so how do you make an impact in your every day life? Fret not! Fire Dawgs Junk Removal has put together a list of 6 Ways To Celebrate Earth Day! Keep reading to find out more.
6 Ways To Celebrate Earth Day
List Of Ways You Can Go Green:
- Turn Off The Lights — The electricity used for your lights is one of the biggest carbon emissions in your home. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, U.S. electrical energy emissions accounted for 31% of all CO2 emissions in 2022. Help cut back on the emissions coming from your home by turning off the lights during the day and letting the natural light brighten your living space! If you’re feeling really bold — you can use candles at night instead of your lights.
- Plant A Tree — Trees are essential to our lives because they provide us with oxygen — or O2 — that help us breathe. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, it is proposed that one large tree can supply up to a days worth of oxygen for up to four people. Why not help supply you and your family by planting a new tree on your property!
- No Single-Use Plastics — Single-use plastics are not only bad for you, but they’re terrible for the environment! Plastics in the environment never fully decompose. Instead, they break down into smaller and smaller pieces called micro-plastics, that remain in the environment forever! Eventually, these plastics make it into our food chain as they are ingested by animals that we consume. Yikes! Help stop our consumption of micro-plastics by not using single-use plastics. But if you do — please remember to recycle properly!
- Use Reusable Bags — Next time you go shopping at the grocery store of the mall, skip out on the plastic or paper bags they use store your items. Instead, opt to provide your own reusable bags to carry your items. This will cut down on using single-use plastic bags, as well as allow your to carry your items in a more sturdy and secure method.
- Eat Plant-Based Meals — According to DW, animal-based products produce more carbon emissions than plant-based, with meat consumption alone linked to 1.1 tons of global carbon emissions on average. Help cut back on your carbon foot print on by choosing to eat a plant-based meal. Don’t know any plant-based meals recipes? Not a problem! Here is a list of 41 Easy Vegan Recipes to make in your own home.
- Bike To Get Around — Ditch your car for a change and use your bicycle to mosey on around town! A lot of town and even cities have invest time and resources into developing bike and pedestrian infrastructure to allow you to safely use your bicycle to get where you need to go! Not only will you be helping to cut down on carbon emissions you’ll also be getting a killer workout!
We hope we provided you with 6 great ways you can celebrate Earth Day! But are you looking for another way to help go green? Perhaps you have some junk or clutter lying your home or property that you’re dying to get rid of, but you don’t want to improperly dispose of your items in landfills. That’s where the Dawg Tough team at Fire Dawgs Junk Removal comes! But how can Fire Dawgs help you properly dispose of your junk?
How Can Fire Dawgs Help You Properly Dispose Of Junk?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a local firefighter founded and veteran owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We handle all types of jobs from junk removal services to demolition projects. Our team takes on all the hard jobs because we’re the Tough Dawgs that get “IT” done! But how can Fire Dawgs help you dispose of junk properly? We reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us your go to eco-friendly option for junk removal!
But what junk removal services does Fire Dawgs provide? Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Appliance Removal
- Brush Removal
- Estate Cleanout
- Labor Only Services
- Office Cleanout
- Shed Removal
- And much, MUCH more!
Interested in booking an eco-friendly junk removal with Fire Dawgs? Keep reading to learn how to schedule yours today!
Call Now To Schedule Your Junk Removal Service With Fire Dawgs!
Give our customer service team a call at 800-211-DAWG and our representatives will answer any questions you may have about junk removal service! Not interested in picking up the phone? Contact us online here and we will reach out to you at your convenience. Text us pictures and videos of your items at 317-597-4744 to set up an electronic estimate!
But do you want to see how our crews get “IT” done? Feel free to follow us on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter to see our crews in action! We hope we provided you with great information on 6 Ways To Celebrate Earth Day and we hope to serve you with our award-winning service soon!