Oh no! Your basement flooded last night and all your carpet is soaked! Now you have to get rid of your carpet and replace it with something new, right? Not exactly. Your carpet can be saved if you take the right steps to preserve it. But what are those steps? Keep reading our blog to find out can flooded carpet be saved!
Can Flooded Carpet Be Saved?
To simply put it, yes a flooded carpet can be saved. However, it requires you to take quick action and follow a series of steps to make sure your carpet doesn’t cause you issues in the future. But what are these future issues? Not treating your carpet properly can result in:
- Adverse health effects
Want to save your carpet, but don’t know how to? Don’t worry! We compiled a list of steps you can take to save your carpet!
What Are the Steps to Saving a Carpet?
- Address Cause of Flooding — Before you can begin restoring your carpet to its original glory, you first have to stop it from suffering any further damage. Finding where the source of your carpet flooding is coming from not only helps you prevent further damage, it also lets you know if your carpet can be saved at all. If you find that the origin point consists of toxins or sewage, then you will need to remove your carpet ASAP and replace it.
- Remove Excess Liquid — Once your source has been identified and stopped from producing anymore liquid, you now have to get rid of any standing water in your way. The best way to do this is to use standing pumps that feed outside of you home and have the water be pumped out of the area.
- Remove Padding — Once padding is soaked, it is completely ruined and needs to be tossed out. Padding acts as sponge for your carpet, soaking up all the liquid. If you are able to remove the padding without the damaging the carpet, then you’ll be good to continue onto the next. If not, then you will have to toss out both the carpet and padding.
- Dry Your Carpet — Now that the standing water is cleared and your padding has been dispose of, you will need to dry out the water trapped inside of the carpet. First, use a wet/dry vac to suck out any easily accessible water. Then, position movable fans around you carpet and let them dry the carpet for the next 48 hours. Be sure to reposition the fans so that it dry’s out the area.
- Reinstalling Your Carpet and Padding — Now that you carpet is dried, you can install new padding and reinstall the carpet. Your carpet may be stiff since it has dried up, so be patient with getting your carpet to stretch to fit the area.
Now that you have these tips, you should be able to save your carpet on your own! But what should you do when your carpet is not savable?
What Should You Do When Your Carpet is Not Savable?
If your carpet is not savable, then you will need to throw it out. A ruined carpet has no use and will only cause problems for your home. But removing your own carpet and padding can be hard, time consuming, and pain in the neck? What should you do to avoid a further headache with your situation? Call the Dawg Tough team at Fire Dawgs Junk Removal!
How can Fire Dawgs Help with Carpet Removal?
We help with your carpet removal by sending our two-person crews for your service. Our well-trained, screened, and certified two-person crews are equipped with a 16 cubic yard mini dump truck, packed to the brim with tools and equipment to handle any complexities your carpet removal may cause them. Once on site, our crew chief will confirm your final price before beginning your carpet removal. Giving you the final say in your business decision! Then, our team will work quickly and efficiently to remove your carpet and padding. Our crew chief will provide you with updates throughout the service as needs be. After we complete our requested service in a timely manner, our crew chief will check in with you to make sure we completed your service to your satisfaction.
Sound like the crew you want helping whisk away your nasty carpet and padding? You bet it! But what else does Fire Dawgs help with?
What Other Services Does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal Provide?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a local owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from brush removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! But the best part? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us the eco-friendly option for you!
Here is list of our most popular services:
- Apartment Cleanout
- Furniture Removal
- Hot Tub Removal
- Labor Only Services
- Shed Removal
- And much, much more!
For a full list of all the services we offer, click here. Want to learn more about our pricing? Click here. Want a firm estimate on your service? Give us a call for a free, in person estimate to get you the price on your service!
Get Your Free, in Person Estimate Now!
Give our friendly customer service team a call and they’ll help you set up a free, in person estimate and answer any questions you may have! Call us at 800-211-3294! Unable to call for whatever reason? No problem! Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us before for your service? Text us at 317-460-1398 to receive a quick and simple electronic estimate.
Want to see what Fire Dawgs can do for you? Follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see our Dawg Tough team in action. We hope we provided you with valuable information for can flooded carpet be saved and we hope to serve YOU soon!