6 November 2015
It is fall. The leaves are falling and the smell of bonfires and pumpkin spiced everything is in the air. This is an especially glorious time if you live in the midwest, or any other part of the country that gets to experience this magical season. Fall is also a time a preparation. So, in anticipation of the coming winter months, we have prepared the ultimate indoor Fall Cleaning Checklist to help you organize and get ready for the cold season ahead.
The Ultimate Indoor Fall Cleaning Checklist
1. Wash all Windows: If you are taking a DIY approach to this task, use window cleaner and wipe down your windows with a lint-free microfiber cloth. It is helpful to wash your windows on a cloudy day, so you can see streaks better. You can also hire professionals (like Dawg Services) to do the window cleaning for you. Click the following link to find out how much window cleaning costs.
2. Clean Window Treatments: You can use a brush attachment on your vacuum to clean the dust from blinds and fabric window treatments, like curtains. Vinyl shades and blinds can be wiped down with a dampened microfiber with they are extra dusty. Also, if your curtains and valances are extra dirty, you may to the read the care instructions on the tag and give them a good wash.
3. Clean Ceiling Mounted Light Fixtures: Use a dampened microfiber cloth to clean ceiling light fixtures and ceiling fans.
4. Have Carpets Cleaned: Your carpets and upholstered furniture should be cleaned twice a year, especially if you have pets. Fall and spring is a great time of year to hire professional carpet cleaners to get these tasks done.
5. Dust Refrigerator Condenser Coils: These coils can be found behind your refrigerator and underneath on the front (there is usually a screen that can be taken off). Use your vacuum to remove dust and debris from the coils.
6. Clean Dryer Vents: Clogged dryer vents are a serious fire hazard. Even if you change your lint screens regularly, your dryer vents still need to be cleaned. Our professionals at Dawg Services offer dryer vent cleaning with any of our other services for just $50.00! This service costs $99.00 on its own.
7. Replace Furnace Filter: Furnace filters should be changed at least every 3 months. If you haven’t replaced yours in a while, make sure to do so now as your furnace will be working extra hard during the cold winter months ahead.
8. Declutter and Clean Out the Attic: Fall and early winter are the times of year when we really start digging around in the attic. We are putting up summer decor and furniture and getting out those beloved christmas decorations that help make the season merry and bright. Remember Clark Griswold in the attic?
But really, our crews offer affordable attic clean out services if you need help cleaning our your attic before the holidays. Because who knows…you might need somewhere to hide away for awhile once the in-laws arrive!
9. Sweep the Chimneys: If you have a wood burning fireplace or stove, its time to have the flues and chimneys professionally inspected and cleaned. We don’t clean chimney’s at Fire Dawgs, but we are sure you can find a great company on Angie’s List to get the job done.
That concludes our Ultimate Indoor Fall Cleaning Checklist! Keep a look out for our Ultimate Outdoor Fall Cleaning Checklist coming soon. Take care!