Are you tidying up and looking for where to donate toys in Indianapolis? The decluttering helpers at Fire Dawgs have put together a list of the best places to donate toys in Indianapolis. We understand that toy clutter can accumulate quickly, especially after the Holidays. Hopefully, this list helps you decide where to donate all those new or gently used toys you have piling up. Keep reading for more details on the best toy donation spots around Indy!
Where to Donate Toys in Indianapolis
- The Children’s Bureau: The Children’s Bureau is dedicated to helping children and families across the state. They accept new or gently used toys, children’s clothing, books, and more! Please visit the Children’s Bureau Donations page here for more information about what items they need!
- Julian Center: The Julian Center also accepts gently used children’s toys and clothing through their Thrifty Threads donation center. Learn more about Donations at Julian Center here.
- Also notable, Julian Center cannot accept toys with magnets, painted wood, small parts or stuffed animals.
- Salvation Army: Learn more about where to drop off gently used items here at the Salvation Army’s website.
- Toys for Tots: Toys for Tots collects new toys for children through the Holidays and throughout the year. Click here to learn more about where you can drop off new toys at Toys for Tots in Indianapolis.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities: Here’s the Wish List for Items needed at the Ronald McDonald House. Also, the list notes that activity books like crosswords and sudoku are needed.
- Goodwill: Goodwill definitely takes used toys for donation. Many local charities and shelters that can’t accept toys actually provide individuals and families in need with vouchers to use at Goodwill.
- Fire Dawgs: Finally, we take used toys to donate for our customers all the time! If you have toys you need donated, just let us know, and we will donate them on your behalf. We will even provide a tax deductible receipt for items we donate. However, our service is not free as we are a full service junk removal company. We take the time and stress out of decluttering!
Other Things to Consider When Donating Toys in Indianapolis
There’s another list you’ll find when you search “where to donate toys in Indianapolis.” However, we found that many charities listed are not accepting toys due to lack of storage and other resources. So, we did the research to find local charities that do accept toys for donation. Furthermore, we found that most donation centers do not accept stuff animals. This is understandable, as stuffed toys harbor bed bugs and germs.
Finally, if you are a local charity and you come across this list, we’d love to add you. Let us know if you accept gently used or new toys, and we’ll add your organization and link to your website for users to find! Just comment or Contact Us online to be added.