22 December 2014
5 Ways to Get Rid of Junk or Unwanted Items
Although we’re a little bit biased and think the best way to get rid of junk is by hiring our professional removers for junk removal services, we know that being informative is part of being a transparent company. So, we’ve come up with this list of alternative ways to get rid of junk and/or unwanted items.
1. Do It Yourself: This is always the first option, but is not always the most convenient. We always get busy and find ways to put stuff off, but if you really need to get rid of junk or unwanted items, then load up your truck, car or minivan and take it to the transfer station or dump. However, we encourage to make a stop at donation centers first; after all, if your items can be given a second chance then keep it in circulation.
2. Rent a Dumpster: If you don’t have a vehicle or medium to get items from point A to point B, then rent a dumpster from a company like Dumpster Dawgs. They provide residential friendly dumpsters with surface protection so they don’t damage your dumpsters. At this point, you can load up the dumpster with trash and debris.
3. Call a Donation Company: Companies like the Salvation Army or Goodwill can sometimes come to your home or property and pick up items that are still in good enough condition to be donated.
4. Contact your Local Government: Sometimes, local governments will perform a “Heavy Trash” or “Bulk Trash” pick up day. They’ll allow you to set out large items once a month and have the trash provider pick up a certain amount of items.
5. Call a Junk Removal Company: Companies like us, Fire Dawgs Junk Removal, can come pick up the items, sort through the trash, donate items that can be given to charitable organizations and recycle a large amount of remaining items. We do this for a fee, but do all the work for you. In the event we can donate some items, then we send you the tax receipt!
For more information on 5 Ways to Get Rid of Junk, call 1-800-712-JUNK or email firstname.lastname@example.org