Concrete patios are a great addition to any homes front or back yard. But overtime, these patios can began to break and crumble — rendering them useless. When this happens it’s time rip up your concrete to lay the foundation for a new patio. But this can be a difficult and time consuming task, not to mention takes preparation. Are you wondering how to remove a concrete patio? Well here at Fire Dawgs Junk Removal, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to assist you in DIY concrete removal! Keep reading to learn more!
How To Remove A Concrete Patio
Step-By-Step Guide To Remove Concrete Patio:
- Gather Tools and Equipment — The first thing you need to do is collect all the necessary equipment before your begin your removal process. Fortunately, most concrete patio’s are not reenforced by rebar, making the process easier for you. The tools recommend are: pry bar, sledgehammer, wheelbarrow, shovel, canvas cloths, jackhammer, bolt cutter, and a roll off dumpster. Additionally, we HIGHLY recommend safety equipment as this project could be dangerous. Safety precautions we recommend are: safety glasses, work gloves, ear plugs, and a face mask.
- Set Up Demolition Area — Now that you have your tools, you’ll need to prep the area around your patio. Remove all furniture and items off the patio. Then, hang up canvas cloths to protect doorways and windows from debris.
- Identify Starting Point — The best place to start is where an area is already showing cracks in the concrete. This makes it easier to begin since it’s already broken.
- Break Apart Patio — Now that you have your starting point, continuing breaking the concrete with either your jackhammer or sledgehammer. Use these tools to break the concrete, while a partner lifts the section up with a pry bar. Lifting the concrete up makes it more susceptible to breakage. Make sure to clear the concrete as you work by moving it with the shovel into the wheelbarrow. If you run into any mesh, cut it with the bolt cutter.
- Dispose Of Your Concrete — Now that the concrete is broken up and loaded up into the wheelbarrow, move it to the roll off dumpster to properly dispose of your materials. Continue to do this until your project is finished.
We hope we provided you with a detailed guide on how to remove a concrete patio! But does this task seem like a long, difficult, time consuming task. Are you interested in hiring a team of professional demolition experts to handle all the hard work and hassle for YOU? Then give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a call and we’ll handle all your concrete removal needs for you! But why choose Fire Dawgs? Keep reading to find out!
Why Choose Fire Dawgs?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! Your total cost includes all the labor, transportation, and disposal fees! But what’s the best part about our service? We reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Making us your eco-friendly choice!
So what demolition and junk removal services does Fire Dawgs offer? Here is list of our most popular services:
- Above Ground Pool Removal
- Deck Demolition
- Fence Removal
- Hot Tub Removal
- Shed Removal
- And much, MUCH more!
Click here to learn more about all our junk removal services. Keep reading to learn how you can get a FREE, in-person estimate on your junk hauling service!
CALL NOW FOR YOUR FREE ESTIMATE ON YOUR CONCRETE REMOVAL SERVICE!
Interested in a free, firm, no-obligation quote on you concrete removal? To get a free, in person estimate, give our friendly customer service team a call and they will get you scheduled and guide you through any questions you might have with your concrete removal services! Call our team now at 800-211-DAWG! Unable to reach us? Don’t worry about it! Contact us on our website, and we will reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos of your concrete removal that you want to send us beforehand? Text us at 317-597-4744 for a quick electronic estimate!
Want to see our guys out in the field? Give Fire Dawgs Junk Removal a follow on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and to see our Dawg Tough team in action! We hope we provided you with good information on How To Remove A Concrete Patio and serve YOU in the near future!