10 December 2018
Doesn’t Wintertime make you want to organize and declutter? Today, we are sharing 10 Questions to Help You Declutter. Hopefully, these questions help make the decluttering process easier and less stressful. Also, feel free to comment and share your own decluttering tips below. We’d love to hear your tried and true tips for organizing and decluttering.
10 Questions to Help You Declutter
Sometimes, it can be really hard to let things go. We understand that there are items that hold sentimental value. Or, you are concerned that they might come in handy in the future. However, clean and organized spaces are more peaceful. Furthermore, organized spaces with less clutter increase productivity and minimize stress. So, how can you balance organization with keeping things you still want. Ask yourself these 10 Questions to Help You Declutter.
- Is this something that I use regularly? (Have you used it in the last year?)
- If not, is this something I love? (If yes, keep it!)
- Does this item spark JOY within me? (If yes, keep it!)
- Is this something that is meaningful to me? (holds deep sentimental value)
- Am I saving this particular item “just in case.”
- Could something else I already own do the same job as this item?
- Do I have multiples of the same thing? (If yes, donate some of them!)
- Am I holding on to a broken item to fix in the future?
- Could someone else use this more than me?
- What’s the worst that could happen if I get rid of this?
We hope the questions above help you decide what you need to keep and what needs to go! Feel free to use the graphic below to share with others who may need help organizing and decluttering! Also, Contact Us at Fire Dawgs online with questions or to schedule a junk removal or donation pick up service in the Indianapolis area!