7 March 2019
Believe it or not, Spring is around the corner…hopefully. We have some helpful Spring Cleaning Tips to Reduce Allergens. Spring means more time outdoors (finally), sunshine, flowers, and allergies for many. However, the good news is that regular housecleaning can help drastically reduce allergens in your home. Follow the spring cleaning tips below to help reduce allergens and relieve your symptoms this Spring. Now is the time to get a head start on your Spring Cleaning. Go!
6 Spring Cleaning Tips to Reduce Allergens
- Vacuum at Least Once Or Twice a Week. (It’s best to use a vacuum with a HEPA filter).
- Remove Clutter, as piles of clothes, boxes and other household clutter can trap dust and welcome mildew and other allergens. Also, removing clutter helps you find more space to organize other necessary household items.
- Clean Carpets and Furniture. Having carpets, furniture, and mattresses cleaned will reduce dust, dander, pet hair, mites, and other allergens.
- Wash Sheets Weekly in Hot Water. Make sure you wash your sheets every week on the hottest setting to kill dust mites in your bedding.
- Change HVAC Filters. HVAC filters should be changed at least every 90 days. We suggest purchasing filters specifically designed for blocking allergies.
- Have Air Ducts Cleaned and Inspected. Having air ducts cleaned and sanitized to remove dust, allergens, and bad odors that can trigger allergy symptoms.
Also, it’s helpful to wipe down your walls and clean your windows and window sills. Walls and windows (especially windows) tend to collect dust and other allergens throughout the year, especially in the fall and spring.
Finally, we hope these Spring Cleaning Tips to Reduce Allergens help! Please feel free to comment with your own favorite Spring Cleaning Tips below. We hope to hear from you soon! Thank you for visiting our blog, and take care!