Are you planning to clean out a hoarder house? These situations can be tricky and require the proper knowledge and preparation to in order to do it completely and safely. But how does one go about a hoarder cleanup? Not to fret! Fire Dawgs Junk Removal has put together 10 Tips for Cleaning A Hoarder’s House! Keep reading to learn more!
10 Tips for Cleaning a Hoarder’s House
- Wear Proper Protection — First things first, you need to obtain and wear proper protection throughout your entire cleanout. A hoarder’s house can many hazardous substances including bed bugs, mold, etc… Be sure that all members participating in the cleanout have correct gear for the job!
- Collect Cleaning Supplies — Next, you will need to get correct supplies in order to pack and store your clutter. Contractor trash bags are good for grabbing a bunch of trash and stuffing it in there to easily transfer it out. Additionally, having tools like brooms and shovels and can help you group items and move items fast!
- Evaluate Area — Identifying the condition of the house is the first step in orchestrating a plan to get it cleaned. Finding out how much clutter and where it is can help you estimate the severity and time necessary to cleanup the property.
- Create A Cleanout Plan — Now that you scoped out the house, it’s time to start drafting a game plan for your cleanout process. You want to have a timeline from start to finish on which areas, levels, and rooms you want completed and in the order you want done.
- Prioritize Worse Areas First — Starting with the worse areas first when your energy is high will prove beneficial in throughout the timeline of the cleanout. Otherwise, your morale will drop when your last few rooms turn out to be the worst. Additionally, this will get you a better since on how much you need to be prepared to dispose of.
- Clean Room From Top To Bottom — When you clean a room, do it till completion. Don’t bounce around from area to area, otherwise, your cleanout will take far longer than expected and be an even bigger headache!
- Create Disposal Groupings — Early on in the cleaning process, separate trash from recyclable materials. This will help you save on disposal later and could even earn you some money back when you take items to the recycling center!
- Set Aside Donatables — If you find items that are still in good condition and could be reused, set them aside to donate. Donation centers like Goodwill and Salvation Army will take almost any item you bring them!
- Have A Disposal Plan — Now that the work is done — how do you plan on getting rid of your trash? There are a few ways. You can take them to the dump yourself, rent a large dumpster, or you could have a junk removal company like Fire Dawgs Junk Removal haul it away for you! Fire Dawgs will even handle all the labor and cleaning of your house so that you won’t have to lift a finger!
- Deep Clean And Repair Home — Finally, after the house has been cleaned of all its junk and clutter, it’s time to deep clean it and repair it for the homeowner or future homeowner. Adding the final touch onto the homes transformation!
We hope we provided you with 10 Tips for Cleaning A Hoarder’s House! But are you interested in having a local junk removal company handle the dirty work of cleaning out your hose for YOU? Keep reading to learn more about how Fire Dawgs Junk Removal can help you with your hoarder house cleanout!
HOW CAN FIRE DAWGS JUNK REMOVAL ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR HOARDER HOUSE CLEANOUT?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from shed removals to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! We charge base on the amount of volume your items take up in our 16-cubic yard mini dump trucks. Your total cost includes all the labor, transportation, and disposal fees! If your property has hazards such as bed bugs or harmful substances, we charge a PPE fee. Click here to view our surcharge list. But the best part about choosing Fire Dawgs Junk Removal? We also reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Helping you go green in your junk hauling service!
But what services does Fire Dawgs Junk Removal provide? Here is list of our most popular services:
- Brush Removal
- Commercial Junk Removal
- Furniture Removal
- Residential Junk Removal
- And much, MUCH more!
For a full list of all the services we offer, click here. Interested in learning more about how pricing? Click here. Keep reading to find out how you can get a free, firm, no-obligation estimate on your hoarder cleanup service!
GIVE US A CALL TODAY!
Eager to get a price on your hoarder house cleanout? Give our friendly, knowledgeable customer service team a call at 800-211-DAWG today to get a quote on your service! Can’t reach us? Not a problem! Contact us online here and we will reach out to you. Finally, do you have any videos or pictures of your property? Text them to us at 317-597-4744 to receive a fast and simple electronic quote!
Want to see how our team can transform your space? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see the latest with our crew! We hope we provided you with helpful information on 10 Tips for Cleaning a Hoarder’s House and we hope to serve you soon!