Veteran’s Day is one day out of the year that we pause to recognize the brave men and women that have served in our Nation’s Armed Forces. How can we honor Veteran’s and Military Service Men and Women every day? Here are 10 simple ways that you can support veterans every day.
Every Day Ways to Support Veterans
10 Ways to Support America’s Veterans
- Buy a Meal or Coffee: If you see a veteran out at a restaurant or coffee shop, pick up his or her tab! This small gesture can make a veteran’s day and show them that their service is appreciated.
- Teach Your Children: There are lots of effective, simple ways to teach your children about Military service and sacrifice.
- Take them to a Veteran’s Day Parade or Veteran’s Day Service. Tell them about members of their family who have served.
- Incorporate learning about veterans and military service into their daily routines through reading. Check out H is for Honor by Devin Scillian.
- Teach them about the flag and flag etiquette. Also, teach them how to give a heartfelt “thank you” to a veteran.
- A Heartfelt Thank You: This one is so simple, but so needed. Sometimes Veterans feel like they’ve been forgotten by society. Sadly, some Veterans were not shown respect when they came home from their wars. Recognizing a Veteran and giving him or her a genuine “Thank you for your service” lets them know in a small way that they are appreciated.
- Donate to the Honor Flight Network: Honor Flight Network is a non-profit organization that transports “America’s Veterans to Washington, DC to visit those memorials dedicated to honor the service and sacrifices of themselves and their friends” (Honor Flight Website). All big and small donations help Veterans make the trip to Washington D.C.
- Offer a Ride: It can be especially difficult for Veteran’s who are disabled or sick to make it to appointments. Contact your nearest VA Hospital to learn about ways to volunteer for the Veteran’s Transportation Service. The link to information about Indianapolis area’s VTS can be found here.
- Volunteer at Your Nearest VA Hospital: There are lots of ways to support veterans by volunteering at a VA Hospital. Click here for volunteer opportunities at the VA Hospital in Indianapolis. Volunteer opportunities range from working the information desk, transportation, to the beverage and book cart.
- Offer Your Time and Talents: The transition from military life to civilian can be extremely difficult. Whatever your talents are or profession is, there is a veteran or military family that can use your help. Whether you are a small business that seeks to hire veterans, a counselor, a teacher, a lawyer, or a nurse, there is a veteran out there in need of your help!
- Choose Veteran Owned Businesses: Many veterans are also entrepreneurs. The skills they learn in the military equip them to be driven leaders. If you are in need of a product or service, research local, veteran owned businesses. Furthermore, if you’re a business owner, offer a veteran/military discount!
- Support Disabled American Veterans: DAV is a nonprofit charity that provides lifelong support to Veterans and their families. There are so many ways to support Veterans and their families through DAV. Visit the DAV website for local ways to support Veterans.
- Hire Veterans: If you are a business owner or manager, hire Veterans! Some company’s even offer hiring bonuses and special benefits reserved for those who have served in our Nation’s Armed Forces or are currently serving! Learn about Fire Dawgs’ Veteran hiring bonuses and preference on our Careers page.
We hope this list of Ways to Support Veterans will give you some ideas for ways to honor Veterans every day! But are you looking for a way to support veterans, while also receiving help from them in return? Do you have junk or other clutter lying around that you need to get rid of, but don’t want to do it yourself? That’s where Fire Dawgs Junk Removal comes in! Give us a call and our Dawg Tough team will assist you with all your junk hauling needs! But how can the veterans at Fire Dawgs help you?
HOW CAN THE VETERANS AT FIRE DAWGS JUNK REMOVAL SERVE YOU?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from demolition projects to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! Fire Dawgs ranked No.54 on the Inc 5000 list for the fastest growing companies in the Midwest!
We base our pricing on the amount of volume your items take up in our 16-cubic yard mini dump trucks. Your total cost is all the labor, transportation, and disposal fees! But what makes Fire Dawgs different? We reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Helping you go green!
But what other services does Fire Dawgs provide? Below are a select few of top requested services by our customers:
- Attic Cleanout
- Furniture Removal
- Hoarding Cleanup
- Landscaping Cleanup
- Office Cleanout
- Shed Removal
- And much, MUCH more!
Eager to get started with a junk removal service? Great! Keep reading to learn more about to get a free quote on your service!
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE TODAY!
Interested in a firm, free, no-obligation estimate? To get a free, in person estimate, give our friendly customer service team a call and they’ll get you scheduled and answer any question you might have! Hit our line at 800-211-DAWG! Unable to call for whatever reason? Contact us online here to find a time that works best for you and we’ll reach out to you at your convenience. Have pictures or videos that you want to send us? Text us at 317-460-1398 to set up an electronic estimate on your service.
Interested in seeing our work first-hand? Be sure to follow Fire Dawgs Junk Removal on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok to see our Dawg Tough team in action. We hope to serve YOU soon and add you to our growing family.