Believe it or not, there are items charities do not accept. We definitely can’t speak for every charitable organization, but we have a comprised a list of items that charities and donations centers usually can’t take. We think the items found on this list are here for good reasons. Moreover, we think you’ll even be surprised by some! So, here are items that charitable organizations usually can’t accept.
Items Charities Do Not Accept
A List of Items Charities Do Not Accept
- Mattresses: We are listing mattresses and boxsprings first, because we get asked about them a lot. Charitable organizations in Indiana generally do not accept mattresses. This is mainly because of bedbugs. More on this topic here: Donate Mattresses in Indianapolis.
- Cribs: There are so many safety issues with charitable organizations taking cribs, so most of them just don’t.
- Household Hazardous Waste: Or what us in the biz call, HHW. HHWs include paint, paint thinners, pesticides, household cleaners, and other chemical products. These are items charities do not accept. These chemicals need to be taken to a Tox Drop location, or any other disposal facility found here.
- Carpet and Carpet Padding: We donate a lot of items for our customers. However, charities generally do not accept used carpet and carpet padding.
- Automotive Hazardous Waste: These items include (but are not limited to) the following: tires, gasoline, batteries, anti-freeze, and oil.
- Personal Care Items: These include shampoo, conditioner, hairsprays, makeup, shaving cream, curling irons etc.
- Weapons: No guns, bows and arrows, ammunition, hunting knifes etc.
We hope we provided you with a list of items charities do not accept. But do you have unacceptable items by charity that you want to get rid of? Then give Fire Dawgs JunK Removal a call and we’ll and take care of all your junk hauling and disposal needs!
WHAT CAN FIRE DAWGS DO TO ASSIST YOU WITH JUNK REMOVAL?
Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is a locally owned company on a mission to help you get your space back! We are firefighter founded and veteran owned! We can handle any job from demolition projects to entire cleanouts — and even simple curbside junk pick-up. Our crews take on the tough jobs that the other guys won’t and get “IT” done! Fire Dawgs ranked No.54 on the Inc 5000 list for the fastest growing companies in the Midwest!
Pricing is based on the amount of volume your items take up in our 16-cubic yard mini dump trucks. Your total cost is all the labor, transportation, and disposal fees! But what makes Fire Dawgs unique? We reuse, recycle, or donate over 60% of the items we haul away! Helping you go green with your junk hauling service!
But what services do we offer? Here is list of our most popular services:
- Attic Cleanout
- Construction Debris Removal
- Foreclosure Cleanout
- Labor Only Services
- Landscaping Clean Up
- Shed Removal
- And much, MUCH more!
Click here to learn more about our services. Keep reading to learn how to get your FREE, in-person estimate!
CALL TODAY FOR A FREE ESTIMATE ON YOUR JUNK HAULING SERVICE!
Give our friendly, knowledgeable customer service team a call at 800-211-DAWG today to get a free estimate on your junk removal service with Fire Dawgs! Can’t get a hold of us? No problemo! Contact us online here and we will reach out to you at your convenience. Do you have any videos or pictures of your items? Text them to us at 317-597-4744 to set up an electronic estimate!
Want to see how else we help our customers? Follow us on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see the latest with our crew! We hope we provided you with quality information on Items Charities Do Not Accept and we hope to serve you soon!