Did you recently finish cleaning out your closet and now have an abundance of old, unused clothing? Do you plan on getting rid of it since they no longer service a purpose in your life? WAIT! Before you toss your clothes in the dumpster, you should look to donate the lightly used and still usable clothing to donation centers near you! Why should you donate your clothes and where should you take them? Keep reading our blog to find out where to donate used clothes in Lafayette IN!
Where to Donate Used Clothes in Lafayette IN
Why it is important to donate your used clothes in Lafayette?
Donating your used clothes to donation centers has a ripple effect that not only impacts you — but your community at large!
- Helps those who need clothes — Donating your clothes to a local donation center helps supply these center with affordable clothing to those who aren’t able to afford clothes at retailers. Supplementally, providing niche items such as winter clothing, athletic gear, etc… can help those who have need for a specific item of clothing that is essential for them to operate in their specific circumstance.
- Reuses/Recycles Clothing — By donating your items, you are prolonging their lifespan by keeping them out of landfills and incinerators. Even if you donate clothes that may not be so usable anymore, donation centers will recycle them so their materials can be reused for new items. Doing this helps preserve our Earth’s natural resources!
- Tax Deductible Item — In addition to benefiting others with your clothing items, you can also benefit by receiving a tax deductible receipt. Many donation centers, such as Goodwill, will provide you with a tax deductible receipt upon receiving your donation. Helping you save money while also making a positive impact on your community!
Does donating your clothes now sound more practical to you than simply throwing it away? We’re glad you see it our way! But you may not know where to donate your used clothes in Lafayette. So where are some locations to drop off your items in Lafayette?
Drop off Locations in Lafayette
There are numerous locations to donate your used clothes in Lafayette:
- Goodwill Store – 101 Shenandoah Dr, Lafayette, IN 47905
- Goodwill Store – 200 Sagamore Pkwy W, West Lafayette, IN 47906
- Goodwill Store – 3229 Daugherty Dr, Lafayette, IN 47909
- Habitat For Humanity – 920 North 14th Street, Lafayette, IN 47904
- Lafayette Habitat ReStore – 3815 Fortune Dr, Lafayette, IN 47905
- Lafayette Urban Ministry – 420 N 4th St, Lafayette, IN 47901
- Millie’s Thrift Store – 626 N Earl Ave, Lafayette, IN 47904
- Millie’s Thrift Store – 101 Plaza Ln, Lafayette, IN 47909
- Once Upon A Child Lafayette, IN – 124 Farabee Dr N, Lafayette, IN 47905
- Plato’s Closet – 3540 IN-38, Lafayette, IN 47905
- Salvation Army – 1110 Union St, Lafayette, IN 47904
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center – 2121 Sagamore Pkwy S, Lafayette, IN 47905
- Trinity Life Ministry Lafayette Outlet Store – 2324 Shoshone Ct, Lafayette, IN 47904
If there is a location that you know accepts donations and is not listed, please still donate your items to them.
Is Fire Dawgs a Drop Off Location for Used Clothes or Other Items?
No. Fire Dawgs Junk Removal is not a drop off location for used clothes or any other used items at any of our locations. We do however, come and pick-up your clothes and take them to the donations center following our service. But what services does Fire Dawgs provide in Lafayette?